Monday, November 23, 2009

Twentieth Century Pioneers

In 2002 my mother's cousin, Garnet Thompson Naslund, self published an amazing book about our family.  Titled "Twentieth Century Pioneers" through pictures and words she told the story of my great-grandparents: Emery Jacob Kurtz and Gertrude Anna Young and of their family.  On the inside of the cover it says:  This volume is published solely for usage by descendants of Gertrude Anna Young and Emery Jacob Kurtz and is to be distributed only among said descendants.   I can very much appreciate her reasons for limiting the book to just those in the family.  However, I have talked to Garnet recently and asked her permission to put scanned images of each page on this blog.  As our family continues to scatter far and wide, this will preserve all her hard work so that each new generation of our clan will have access to it.  This information is not to be shared on any other site without Garnet's express permission.

I will create hotlinks for each section of the tale that I will post on the side bar for ease of navigation.  To view any particular page you can click on it to make it bigger.


Thank you so much Garnet, for allowing me to post this.  It really is a remarkable story.